Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Day In The Life Of Heidi

Because I know you are all so deeply interested in even the slightest intricacies of my daily life here in Denver.


...But really because I know most, if not all, of you are still wondering to yourself "what the heck is YWAM anyways... and did she say she is doing a DTS? Does she expect us to just know what that is? I'm tired of pretending I know what Heidi is doing right now".  :) Don't deny it.  The reason most of you are still feeling clueless is because I was still clueless about the details of the program before I got here.  And on some days, I still feel clueless.  I know more than I did before, though, so allow me to share a typical weekday schedule:


7:00 - wake up
7:30- breakfast
8:00- quiet time (time with Jesus)
9:00- worship and prayer (on MWF)
11:00- session
1:00- lunch
2:00- session
3:45- work duties (I do housekeeping)
5:30-dinner


What are those sessions about, you ask? Each week, we cover a different topic relating to theology, faith, missions, or just God in general.  Some of the topics include: the Character of God; the Father Heart of God; God's Intentions for Individuals, Peoples, and Nations; Inductive Bible Study; Building and Maintaining Godly relationships, and 6 or 7 others to make a total of 11.  One week toward the end of my time here in Colorado will be devoted entirely to outreach preparation.  For those of you who don't know, there are three outreach locations that we can choose from for the second half of this program.  The locations include: Costa Rica, London/Romania, and Israel/Jordan.  There is one that I am leaning toward, but I am continuing to prayerfully consider all three.


I'm keepin' it short and sweet today, thanks for reading! I love y'all and miss everyone tons :)

3 comments:

  1. Ok, the part that made me laugh this week? Your work duty assignment! :) I love you, sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love knowing what your day is like, Heidi! But, please ... housekeeping? Even Kelsey tried to tell me this weekend that SHE did housekeeping this weekend. I think you guys are in cahoots and snowballing your moms. Get it ... snowballing??? Colorado? Snow? :) Love reading your blogs so keep 'em coming. I can't believe you've already been there two weeks! Love you! Aunt Marcy

    ReplyDelete