Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Well That Doesn't Run Dry

     Hey all! I thought I'd check in this week before we head out to Kansas.  Our school is road-tripping to Kansas City for 4 days to visit the International House of Prayer (IHOP) and we leave 6 o'clock Thursday morning.  Don't ask me what IHOP is, because I'm not quite sure... hopefully this weekend clears that up! I'll be sure to let y'all know in my next post.
     Before I leave for Kansas, though, I have an important meeting that I'm extremely excited about!  Tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM Mountain Time, 8:00 AM Central Time, I will be skyping with Josh (a.k.a. Mr. Menke) and the rest of the students and staff at the school he teaches at in Iowa.  They have graciously decided to put their March chapel offering towards my overseas outreach! I am blown away by this awesome opportunity and I cannot wait to talk to them during their Wednesday morning chapel service and tell them a little bit about YWAM and what I'm learning here.  Thank you, Trinity Lutheran School!
     My plan is just to speak out of the overflow of my heart tomorrow morning with the school, for 2 reasons. 1. I'm too lazy to plan anything tonight, and 2. it just seems to make sense.  Something I've been noticing lately is that certain things have just become easier, more natural, as the weeks here progress. I spend time with God because my heart longs to, I read the Word because I'm hungry for it, I do things for other people because I love them, and I have much more joy because I know my Father's love for me.  Still, I have to discipline myself in these areas, but as I seek the presence of God, it just has started happening more effortlessly.  Guys! This is how I yearn to live my entire life! My bros can make fun of me for using so many exclamation points, I don't care!  My primary concern and desire in life is to LOVE GOD and SEEK HIS HEART and have everything else flow from that.  I don't want to go through motions, I don't want to work my spiritual muscles, I don't even want to do ministry or mission work if it doesn't flow from The Well that does not run dry.  Sinning even becomes less and less attractive as I grow in my desire to please His heart. I feel so much freedom in this because it takes all the pressure off of forming myself into the person I want to become and making sure I live the life I want to live.  God will work out the details.  I'm just gonna love Him through it all.

This is my current prayer: Even if you never do another thing for me in my entire life, Lord, I will love you because what you have already done is more than enough to be worthy of my deepest and eternal love. Amen!

3 comments:

  1. That should be how we all live, Heidi..thank you for the reminder and for your example. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, IHOP is awesome! I've never actually been to the base at Kansas City, but I used to be part of a ministry that was very connected with them. You'll love it! Their main thing is 24 hour prayer and worship, and they also do some amazing teaching! I've been priviledged to listen to some of it, and they focus on a lot of the themes that you've been blogging about (God romancing us, etc.) I'm so excited for all that God is teaching you in this season, and I am blessed by your hungry, open heart! Your comments in this post remind me of David's request in Psalm 27:4 (also a theme verse at IHOP). May we all never stop being hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a wonderful example of a girl who loves God -- and has always known what is important in life. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love you!

    ReplyDelete